Children's Miracle Network
As you read this, somewhere in El Paso, a cashier is asking the question, “Would you be willing to donate a dollar to Children’s Miracle Network?” Someone is handing her a dollar bill and writing their name on a Miracle Balloon. At the other end of every dollar there is a real child and a real family whose life will be quietly, gently impacted by their generosity. Right now there is a parent sitting beside a child's bed, hoping for a miracle.
Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to saving and improving the lives of children by raising funds for children’s hospitals. Through its year-round efforts to help kids, Children's Miracle Network and a coalition of local media partners, corporate sponsors and volunteers work together to promote healthy kids in our community. Most importantly, the Children’s Miracle Network funds that are raised in our community stay in our community. Donated almost entirely a dollar or two at a time by caring individuals through hundreds of year round campaigns, special events, golf tournaments and grassroots fundraisers, the hundreds of thousands of dollars donated to Children’s Miracle Network provide local babies and children with the life-saving care and crucial services they need.
Miracles happen every day! Corporate sponsors and community partners sell paper Miracle Balloons and collect money to wear jeans for kids on Miracle Jean Day, high school and college students hold Dance Marathons, elementary children become Change Bandits, and radio stations broadcast Radiothons.
For many years, El Paso was the only Children’s Miracle Network in the nation without a children’s hospital.At the new El Paso Children’s Hospital, opportunities abound to impact the development of key programs for children in our own community and throughout the region. While construction takes place on the new El Paso Children’s Hospital, critical daily planning continues to expand key pediatric programs, recruit pediatric specialists and prepare for the exciting move of the entire pediatric program to the new separately licensed children’s hospital in early 2012.
This year, pediatric services at University Medical Center of El Paso will provide life saving charity care for young children worth millions, but we can do even more through community support. As a community, we have the opportunity to fulfill a twenty-year wish: to make the best pediatric care possible available here in our own community. Through Children’s Miracle Network funds, opportunities to impact and expand vital pediatric services like these are exciting and endless. Funds raised by Children's Miracle Network will provide:
- Specially-designed equipment
- Critical and urgent care units
- Pediatric and neonatal intensive care support
- Life-flight helicopters and other emergency pediatric transport vehicles
- Continued expansion of facilities to meet children’s medical needs in targeted areas
- Life-saving research
- Community outreach, prevention and awareness programs ranging from immunizations childhood obesity education, asthma camps, and accident prevention programs
- Adaptive computer hardware and software for educational and social therapy
- Arts, music programs and therapy playgrounds
- Other immediate medical needs
Donate to Children's Miracle Network now!
See the UMCF Calendar for upcoming Children’s Miracle Network events.
For more information about how to participate in Children’s Miracle Network programs and events, contact UMCF Program Administrator.
Whether you have one hour or twenty to volunteer, UMCF Volunteer Corps needs you. We offer many heartwarming and fulfilling activities where you can make a difference.
- 3/21/14 El Paso Children's Hospital Foundation Receives Radio Flyer Wagons For El Paso Children's Hospital Patients
- 3/17/14 UMC Foundation Receives $15,000 Grant From The Rio Grande Cancer Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Ccancer Program
- 2/17/14 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $15,000 Grant From The Stern Foundation
- 2/13/14 The Borderless Giving Campaign Receives $5,000 Donation From Fiesta/Oasis Lanes
- 2/13/14 Eleven El Paso Children's Hospital Associates Earn Scholarships