UMC Foundation of El Paso is honored to serve as the designated 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization for:
- University Medical Center of El Paso (formerly Thomason Hospital), El Paso’s only remaining not-for-profit, community hospital with a charitable mission. For more information about the many areas and issues donors can impact, see Focus Funds.
- The new El Paso Children’s Hospital, now under construction, is scheduled to open in early 2012. In anticipation of the new hospital, advance expansion of pediatric services and recruitment of pediatric subspecialists will continue at University Medical Center until the new facility is complete. There are many areas in which donors can make a difference for children in our community. For updates and information on programs under development, take a look at this exciting project in Children’s Hospital Fund.
- Children's Miracle Network is dedicated to saving and improving the lives of children by raising funds for children’s hospitals. As the lead partner for Children’s Miracle Network in West Texas, UMC Foundation is honored to work with many El Paso merchants and enterprises carrying on the tradition of the Miracle Balloon campaign and other programs. You can find updates on upcoming Children’s Miracle Network activities, campaigns and partners by going to Children’s Miracle Network.
University Medical Center Foundation's 501(c)(3) designation means that private gifts in support of UMC’s projects and programs are tax-deductible. University Medical Center Foundation is committed to developing ongoing philanthropic support for the University Medical Center of El Paso and El Paso Children's Hospital in fulfilling their vital mission of providing patient care, education of healthcare professionals, research, and community service to El Paso and the Southwest. This commitment relies upon the community support of appreciative friends and compassionate neighbors (corporate and private) to reach beyond the standards of service, quality and care to leading edge medicine and excellence in healthcare for all El Pasoans.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation