"One generation plants the tree...
another enjoys the shade."
Mission-driven philanthropy. Gifts at work.
Looking backward as well as forward, there is much that we can be proud to celebrate as University Medical Center of El Paso approaches its 100th Birthday in 2015.
Our mission compels us to address today's health care challenges in full; to provide for our patients beyond the basics; to offer affordable health care of exceptional quality and value. It charges us to remain proactive, vigilant and forward looking by envisioning ideas and solutions that have a tangible and measurable impact for the future.
Our focus is on strategic fundraising priorities that will support critical elements of our mission and provide a foundation for the needs of the future:
The Annual Fund ensures essential flexibility to direct resources where there is greatest need, when those needs arise. The Annual Fund provides the opportunity to direct resources through issue based Focus Funds targeted to raising awareness and expanding education to impact health issues that affect your family and other families right here in our community every day.
Endowed Scholarships provide funds for deserving nursing students, making a quality education more accessible.
The Research Growth Fund seeks to expand the resources available to our centers of excellence, to support innovative new teaching opportunities, to encourage and enable faculty and student scholarship and research, and to engage and interact with the community through service learning.
Special Project Funds support initiatives that enhance our educational, service, and outreach mission, either within UMC, El Paso Children's or the unified campus.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation