4/02/2010 UMC to offer Free Asthma Buster Camp
UMC Respiratory Care Services Will Teach Children and Parents the ABCs of Asthma
EL PASO, TX – (March 25, 2010) – University Medical Center will offer free asthma camps in English and Spanish to children ages 6-12 and their parents on two Saturdays in May. Medical professionals from the Respiratory Care Services department will provide educational games and prizes for children as well as information sessions for adults. Lunch will be provided at no charge.
“Asthma is the most common chronic disease among children,” says camp director Rick Montoya, “and it’s the leading reason that children in El Paso miss school. Asthma camps are a great place for kids with asthma to have fun, meet friends, and learn about how to manage their asthma symptoms.”
The Asthma Buster Camp will be offered in English (May 8) and in Spanish Camp (May 15). Both camps will take place at Loretto Academy, 1400 Hardaway. The events will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 3:30 p.m. Children must be accompanied by a parent. For more information or to register, call University Medical Center of El Paso Respiratory Care Services, 915-521-7820.
University Medical Center of El Paso is El Paso’s only not-for-profit, community-owned hospital and healthcare system and a regional referral center for patients in need of specialty care.
University Medical Center Foundation of El Paso serves as the charitable 501(c)(3) for University Medical Center of El Paso, the El Paso Children’s Hospital and Children’s Miracle Network.
- 12/02/13 Maya Angelou To Be Featured Speaker At El Paso Children's 2014 Milagro Gala
- 11/27/13 COSTCO Donated $14,266.00 to Children's Miracle Network
- 11/25/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $40,000 Grant From Bank of America Foundation
- 10/23/13 "The Perfect Turnover” Raises Over $200,000 To Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 10/08/13 UMC Foundation Receives $5000 from Shamaley Ford
- 12/27/10 University Medical Center Foundation Receives $20,000 Grant for the First Medical Legal Partnership to Benefit El Paso High Risk Infants
- 12/10/10 Texas vs. The Nation and El Paso Hotel Motel Association Team Up to Support Children's Miracle Network
- 11/29/10 Family Already Strained by Illness Loses Everything in House Fire
- 11/09/10 UMC Foundation Awarded $20,000 Grant
- 11/08/10 Border Championship Wrestling Helps to Pin Down Childhood Illness For Children's Miracle Network
- 11/04/10 UMC Foundation Volunteer CORE Skills Training
- 11/03/10 Wells Fargo Donates Halloween Treats for Sick Children at UMC
- 11/03/10 UMC Foundation Volunteer Corps Scare Up Halloween Decorations
- 11/03/10 Tune in to Children's Miracle Network Radiothon to Help Sick Children
- 11/03/10 Sam's Club Aims for a Hole in One for Children's Miracle Network
- 11/03/10 Stateliners Car Club Cruise for Children's Miracle Network
- 10/12/10 Stateliners Car Club 4th Annual Car Show Benefits Children's Miracle Network
- 10/12/10 Kids Open Their Hearts and Piggy Banks to Give to Children's Miracle Network
- 8/19/10 Local Schools and Businesses to Participate in Miracle Jeans Day
- 8/16/10 Save the Date! Rock Skipping Contest September 5th!
- 8/13/10 WalMart and Sam's Clubs Donate More Than $89,000 to CMN
- 8/13/10 Stateliners Car Show to Benefit Kids at UMC
- 8/04/10 UMC Foundation Trains New Ambassadors
- 7/26/10 UMC gets forensics equipment
- 6/14/10 El Paso Diablos Team Up With CMN For Benefit Ball Game
- 6/08/10 Golden Corral Raises Nearly $24,000 For CMN and UMC
- 5/28/10 Six-year-old donates tooth fairy money and bake sale funds for children with cancer at UMC
- 5/27/10 CMN donates forensic equipment to UMC Crime Victims' Services Unit
- 5/17/10 UMCF receives $10,000 from the Hervey Foundation for cancer program
- 4/23/10 Loma Verde Elementary School raises $1,378 for CMN
- 4/23/10 Costo contributes more than $27,000 to CMN
- 4/05/10 UMC Foundation announces $5,000 grant from McKee Foundation
- 4/05/10 Golden Corral, Cici's Pizza, Good Time Stores, HMS Airport Concessions and JR Produce help CMN
- 4/02/10 UMC to offer Free Asthma Buster Camp
- 4/02/10 Panda Express Partners with Children's Miracle Network--click for coupon!
- 3/24/10 Whataburger Visits UMC Pediatric Unit
- 3/24/10 High Schools Raise $1,170 for Children's Miracle Network
- 3/11/10 Children's Miracle Network Announces Miracle Jeans Day -- September 15, 2010
- 1/18/10 UMC Foundation receives $600,000 grant from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- 1/08/10 UMC Foundation Announces $7,500 Grant from the Cardwell Foundation