6/14/2010 El Paso Diablos Team Up With CMN For Benefit Ball Game
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EL PASO, TX – (June 14, 2010) – When the Diablos play against the Shreveport Captains on Saturday, July 3, El Pasoans have the opportunity to enjoy baseball, free food and fireworks, win prizes, and contribute to a worthy cause, all at discounted prices. For the second year in a row, the Diablos are partnering with Children’s Miracle Network to raise money for critically ill and injured children at University Medical Center of El Paso, the area's designated Children's Miracle Network hospital.
Pre-game discounted box seats ($6) and general seats ($5) may be ordered by phone at 915-521-7229 or online at www.umcfoundationelpaso.org/diablos. Children under the age of 3 are admitted without charge. The first 1000 fans through the gate will receive a free hot dog, coke and ice cream. First, second, and third prizes will be awarded during the game to “The Most Team Players in Uniform” [youth sports] and “The Most Patriotic Baby.” All proceeds benefit Children's Miracle Network.
General Manager of the Diablos, Matt LaBranche, expressed enthusiasm about the upcoming game. “We’re happy to partner with the University Medical Center Foundation for such a good cause. It should be a great night.”
Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children’s hospitals for education, equipment, research, and pediatric program development. University Medical Center of El Paso is the area's designated Children's Miracle Network hospital until the completion of the new El Paso Children’s Hospital in 2012.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation
- 12/27/10 University Medical Center Foundation Receives $20,000 Grant for the First Medical Legal Partnership to Benefit El Paso High Risk Infants
- 12/10/10 Texas vs. The Nation and El Paso Hotel Motel Association Team Up to Support Children's Miracle Network
- 11/29/10 Family Already Strained by Illness Loses Everything in House Fire
- 11/09/10 UMC Foundation Awarded $20,000 Grant
- 11/08/10 Border Championship Wrestling Helps to Pin Down Childhood Illness For Children's Miracle Network
- 11/04/10 UMC Foundation Volunteer CORE Skills Training
- 11/03/10 Wells Fargo Donates Halloween Treats for Sick Children at UMC
- 11/03/10 UMC Foundation Volunteer Corps Scare Up Halloween Decorations
- 11/03/10 Tune in to Children's Miracle Network Radiothon to Help Sick Children
- 11/03/10 Sam's Club Aims for a Hole in One for Children's Miracle Network
- 11/03/10 Stateliners Car Club Cruise for Children's Miracle Network
- 10/12/10 Stateliners Car Club 4th Annual Car Show Benefits Children's Miracle Network
- 10/12/10 Kids Open Their Hearts and Piggy Banks to Give to Children's Miracle Network
- 8/19/10 Local Schools and Businesses to Participate in Miracle Jeans Day
- 8/16/10 Save the Date! Rock Skipping Contest September 5th!
- 8/13/10 WalMart and Sam's Clubs Donate More Than $89,000 to CMN
- 8/13/10 Stateliners Car Show to Benefit Kids at UMC
- 8/04/10 UMC Foundation Trains New Ambassadors
- 7/26/10 UMC gets forensics equipment
- 6/14/10 El Paso Diablos Team Up With CMN For Benefit Ball Game
- 6/08/10 Golden Corral Raises Nearly $24,000 For CMN and UMC
- 5/28/10 Six-year-old donates tooth fairy money and bake sale funds for children with cancer at UMC
- 5/27/10 CMN donates forensic equipment to UMC Crime Victims' Services Unit
- 5/17/10 UMCF receives $10,000 from the Hervey Foundation for cancer program
- 4/23/10 Loma Verde Elementary School raises $1,378 for CMN
- 4/23/10 Costo contributes more than $27,000 to CMN
- 4/05/10 UMC Foundation announces $5,000 grant from McKee Foundation
- 4/05/10 Golden Corral, Cici's Pizza, Good Time Stores, HMS Airport Concessions and JR Produce help CMN
- 4/02/10 UMC to offer Free Asthma Buster Camp
- 4/02/10 Panda Express Partners with Children's Miracle Network--click for coupon!
- 3/24/10 Whataburger Visits UMC Pediatric Unit
- 3/24/10 High Schools Raise $1,170 for Children's Miracle Network
- 3/11/10 Children's Miracle Network Announces Miracle Jeans Day -- September 15, 2010
- 1/18/10 UMC Foundation receives $600,000 grant from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- 1/08/10 UMC Foundation Announces $7,500 Grant from the Cardwell Foundation