11/04/2010 UMC Foundation Volunteer CORE Skills Training
Area schools named 152 new Ambassadors to University Medical Center Foundation Volunteer Teen Corps and Kids Corps.
Each Ambassador participates in a day long CORE Skills Training on communication skills, consensus building skills, conflict resolution and compassion. This intensive training path provides additional tools to improve communication, team building and problem resolution skills designed to empower effective communication and teamwork in every area of life.
Matthew Pacheco, age 10, from Moreno Elementary School Ambassador participated in the October 23rd training session. “Matthew came home ecstatic.”, said Liz Pacheco, Matthew’s mother. “Kudos to those who organized this training. He had a great time and loved the interaction with the other kids.”
Students meet various UMC campus role models such as social workers, nurses, organ donation advocates and pediatric transport team members and learn how compassion is part of their daily professional mission.
University Medical Center Foundation Volunteer Corps introduces students to the importance of community service. The “Learning to Give” program encourages them to make meaningful contributions to their community by helping others.
School organizations needing community service hours or other individuals interested in meaningful service may contact UMC Foundation Volunteer Program Manager, Ceci Villa Ross, email@example.com, or call 915/521-7229, ext 2991.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation
- 12/27/10 University Medical Center Foundation Receives $20,000 Grant for the First Medical Legal Partnership to Benefit El Paso High Risk Infants
- 12/10/10 Texas vs. The Nation and El Paso Hotel Motel Association Team Up to Support Children's Miracle Network
- 11/29/10 Family Already Strained by Illness Loses Everything in House Fire
- 11/09/10 UMC Foundation Awarded $20,000 Grant
- 11/08/10 Border Championship Wrestling Helps to Pin Down Childhood Illness For Children's Miracle Network
- 11/04/10 UMC Foundation Volunteer CORE Skills Training
- 11/03/10 Wells Fargo Donates Halloween Treats for Sick Children at UMC
- 11/03/10 UMC Foundation Volunteer Corps Scare Up Halloween Decorations
- 11/03/10 Tune in to Children's Miracle Network Radiothon to Help Sick Children
- 11/03/10 Sam's Club Aims for a Hole in One for Children's Miracle Network
- 11/03/10 Stateliners Car Club Cruise for Children's Miracle Network
- 10/12/10 Stateliners Car Club 4th Annual Car Show Benefits Children's Miracle Network
- 10/12/10 Kids Open Their Hearts and Piggy Banks to Give to Children's Miracle Network
- 8/19/10 Local Schools and Businesses to Participate in Miracle Jeans Day
- 8/16/10 Save the Date! Rock Skipping Contest September 5th!
- 8/13/10 WalMart and Sam's Clubs Donate More Than $89,000 to CMN
- 8/13/10 Stateliners Car Show to Benefit Kids at UMC
- 8/04/10 UMC Foundation Trains New Ambassadors
- 7/26/10 UMC gets forensics equipment
- 6/14/10 El Paso Diablos Team Up With CMN For Benefit Ball Game
- 6/08/10 Golden Corral Raises Nearly $24,000 For CMN and UMC
- 5/28/10 Six-year-old donates tooth fairy money and bake sale funds for children with cancer at UMC
- 5/27/10 CMN donates forensic equipment to UMC Crime Victims' Services Unit
- 5/17/10 UMCF receives $10,000 from the Hervey Foundation for cancer program
- 4/23/10 Loma Verde Elementary School raises $1,378 for CMN
- 4/23/10 Costo contributes more than $27,000 to CMN
- 4/05/10 UMC Foundation announces $5,000 grant from McKee Foundation
- 4/05/10 Golden Corral, Cici's Pizza, Good Time Stores, HMS Airport Concessions and JR Produce help CMN
- 4/02/10 UMC to offer Free Asthma Buster Camp
- 4/02/10 Panda Express Partners with Children's Miracle Network--click for coupon!
- 3/24/10 Whataburger Visits UMC Pediatric Unit
- 3/24/10 High Schools Raise $1,170 for Children's Miracle Network
- 3/11/10 Children's Miracle Network Announces Miracle Jeans Day -- September 15, 2010
- 1/18/10 UMC Foundation receives $600,000 grant from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- 1/08/10 UMC Foundation Announces $7,500 Grant from the Cardwell Foundation