1/25/2011 Edward James Olmos Keynote Speaker for First El Paso Children's Hospital Gala
University Medical Center Foundation announced veteran actor Edward James Olmos as the keynote speaker for the Milagro Gala, the first inaugural gala to benefit El Paso Children’s Hospital. The star of “Stand and Deliver” is a distinguished humanitarian and one of the most influential voices in the Hispanic community. Involved in many humanitarian activities, Olmos served as the Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF, a spokesperson for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation among others and has been awarded five Honorary Doctorates from educational institutions for his good works. Olmos also played an instrumental role in the clean up efforts following the L.A. riots, the 1993 Los Angeles earthquake and Hurricane Andrew in Florida.
The Milagro Gala for El Paso Children’s Hospital will be held at the Camino Real, February 11th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. For more information contact Christina Aragon, Outreach Coordinator for University Medical Center Foundation.
University Medical Center Foundation is the charitable 501(c)3 for University Medical Center, El Paso Children’s Hospital and Children’s Miracle Network.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation
- 11/09/11 UMC Foundation Wins National Children's Miracle Network Award
- 6/28/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces Grant from Walter H. Hightower Foundation to Provide Orthopedic Surgical Table for El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/23/11 UMC Foundation Receives $1 Million Dolllar Gift from James A. "Buddy" Davidson Foundation to Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/09/11 Junior League of El Paso, Inc. Gives $100,000 to Family Resource Center of El Paso Children's Hospital
- 5/25/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $25,000 Grant to Benefit "Sobreviviendo Cancer" Program From Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- 5/04/11 Mariachis, Margaritas & Meriendas
- 4/21/11 Fun and Poison Prevention at the El Paso Zoo
- 3/29/11 UMC Foundation Announces $5,000 Grant From McKee Foundation
- 3/29/11 West Texas Regional Poison Control Make Learning Poison Safety Fun at the El Paso Zoo
- 2/25/11 El Paso Veterans Donate Bingo Cash to Children's Miracle Network
- 2/21/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $250,000 Gift by Brigadier General Heidi Brown to Establish the William G. and Virginia Maxwell Brown Center for Pediatric Audiology Development and Learning
- 2/02/11 Area High School Students will Dance for Those Who Can't to Benefit Children's Miracle Network Dance Marathon 2011
- 1/25/11 Edward James Olmos Keynote Speaker for First El Paso Children's Hospital Gala
- 1/19/11 Southwest Airlines "Share the Spirit" Grant to University Medical Center Foundation to Provide Transportation to Cancer Patients