2/25/2011 El Paso Veterans Donate Bingo Cash to Children's Miracle Network
VFW Post #8550 recently contributed $5,000 to the Foundation for Children's Miracle Network. Through a contract with the State of Texas, Post #8550 raises money for charities by its members serving as monitors for bingo games run by other organizations. The Post raised a total a total of $42,000 in 2010 and donated $5,000 to Children's Miracle Network. Junior Vice President Larry Floyd and Advocate & Past Commander Joe Garcia were on hand to present their check at the last Advisory Board meeting.
All contributions to Children's Miracle Network stay in the community in which they were raised. In El Paso, Children's Miracle Network funds support medical care, research and education for pediatric patients from birth up to age 18 at University Medical Center. When the new El Paso Children's Hospital opens in 2012, Children's Miracle Network funds will "follow the kids" to that facility.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation
- 11/09/11 UMC Foundation Wins National Children's Miracle Network Award
- 6/28/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces Grant from Walter H. Hightower Foundation to Provide Orthopedic Surgical Table for El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/23/11 UMC Foundation Receives $1 Million Dolllar Gift from James A. "Buddy" Davidson Foundation to Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/09/11 Junior League of El Paso, Inc. Gives $100,000 to Family Resource Center of El Paso Children's Hospital
- 5/25/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $25,000 Grant to Benefit "Sobreviviendo Cancer" Program From Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- 5/04/11 Mariachis, Margaritas & Meriendas
- 4/21/11 Fun and Poison Prevention at the El Paso Zoo
- 3/29/11 UMC Foundation Announces $5,000 Grant From McKee Foundation
- 3/29/11 West Texas Regional Poison Control Make Learning Poison Safety Fun at the El Paso Zoo
- 2/25/11 El Paso Veterans Donate Bingo Cash to Children's Miracle Network
- 2/21/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $250,000 Gift by Brigadier General Heidi Brown to Establish the William G. and Virginia Maxwell Brown Center for Pediatric Audiology Development and Learning
- 2/02/11 Area High School Students will Dance for Those Who Can't to Benefit Children's Miracle Network Dance Marathon 2011
- 1/25/11 Edward James Olmos Keynote Speaker for First El Paso Children's Hospital Gala
- 1/19/11 Southwest Airlines "Share the Spirit" Grant to University Medical Center Foundation to Provide Transportation to Cancer Patients