3/29/2011 West Texas Regional Poison Control Make Learning Poison Safety Fun at the El Paso Zoo
West Texas Regional Poison Center hosts their 17th Annual Jungle Safari at the El Paso Zoo on March 26th from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Children will learn valuable lessons about poisonous plants, dangerous household items and medications, and venomous insects.
Fun activities for the whole family include clowns, face painting and free giveaways. The first 2,000 children will receive free animal print visors. The first 500 children under 12 to successfully complete the Poison Jungle Safari will receive free t-shirts. Admission for children under 12 is $6 and adults are $10.
The National Safety Council says approximately 50% of poisonings involve children under six years of age; most of these poisonings involve common substances found in the home. The Poison Jungle Safari is also in observance of National Poison Prevention Week 2011, March 20th - 26th.
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation
- 11/09/11 UMC Foundation Wins National Children's Miracle Network Award
- 6/28/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces Grant from Walter H. Hightower Foundation to Provide Orthopedic Surgical Table for El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/23/11 UMC Foundation Receives $1 Million Dolllar Gift from James A. "Buddy" Davidson Foundation to Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/09/11 Junior League of El Paso, Inc. Gives $100,000 to Family Resource Center of El Paso Children's Hospital
- 5/25/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $25,000 Grant to Benefit "Sobreviviendo Cancer" Program From Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- 5/04/11 Mariachis, Margaritas & Meriendas
- 4/21/11 Fun and Poison Prevention at the El Paso Zoo
- 3/29/11 UMC Foundation Announces $5,000 Grant From McKee Foundation
- 3/29/11 West Texas Regional Poison Control Make Learning Poison Safety Fun at the El Paso Zoo
- 2/25/11 El Paso Veterans Donate Bingo Cash to Children's Miracle Network
- 2/21/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $250,000 Gift by Brigadier General Heidi Brown to Establish the William G. and Virginia Maxwell Brown Center for Pediatric Audiology Development and Learning
- 2/02/11 Area High School Students will Dance for Those Who Can't to Benefit Children's Miracle Network Dance Marathon 2011
- 1/25/11 Edward James Olmos Keynote Speaker for First El Paso Children's Hospital Gala
- 1/19/11 Southwest Airlines "Share the Spirit" Grant to University Medical Center Foundation to Provide Transportation to Cancer Patients