5/25/2011 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $25,000 Grant to Benefit "Sobreviviendo Cancer" Program From Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced a $25,000 grant to University Medical Center Foundation for UMC's "Sobreviviendo El Cancer Seno/Surviving Breast Cancer" Program. UMC Foundation Executive Director, Dennece Knight said, "UMC Foundation is honored to be selected as the only new Susan G. Komen grant recipient."
"Sobreviviendo el Cancer" program provides counseling, referral services, and short-term financial assistance for low-income and indigent breast cancer patients seen at the University Medical Center Infusion Center. “This program is especially critical for patients who are unable to work during chemotherapy and radiation treatment because of side effects such as fatigue or nausea”, said Project Founder Maria Licon, LMSW. A team of physicians, nurses, social workers, and community agencies help patients with a breast cancer diagnosis adhere to their treatment plan.
Susan G. Komen data shows the breast cancer mortality rate for Hispanic women in El Paso is significantly higher than the rates for Hispanic women in the state of Texas and the U.S. Non-Hispanic Caucasian women have the highest breast cancer incidence rates in both El Paso County and the State of Texas.
- 12/02/13 Maya Angelou To Be Featured Speaker At El Paso Children's 2014 Milagro Gala
- 11/27/13 COSTCO Donated $14,266.00 to Children's Miracle Network
- 11/25/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $40,000 Grant From Bank of America Foundation
- 10/23/13 "The Perfect Turnover” Raises Over $200,000 To Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 10/08/13 UMC Foundation Receives $5000 from Shamaley Ford
- 11/09/11 UMC Foundation Wins National Children's Miracle Network Award
- 6/28/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces Grant from Walter H. Hightower Foundation to Provide Orthopedic Surgical Table for El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/23/11 UMC Foundation Receives $1 Million Dolllar Gift from James A. "Buddy" Davidson Foundation to Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/09/11 Junior League of El Paso, Inc. Gives $100,000 to Family Resource Center of El Paso Children's Hospital
- 5/25/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $25,000 Grant to Benefit "Sobreviviendo Cancer" Program From Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- 5/04/11 Mariachis, Margaritas & Meriendas
- 4/21/11 Fun and Poison Prevention at the El Paso Zoo
- 3/29/11 UMC Foundation Announces $5,000 Grant From McKee Foundation
- 3/29/11 West Texas Regional Poison Control Make Learning Poison Safety Fun at the El Paso Zoo
- 2/25/11 El Paso Veterans Donate Bingo Cash to Children's Miracle Network
- 2/21/11 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $250,000 Gift by Brigadier General Heidi Brown to Establish the William G. and Virginia Maxwell Brown Center for Pediatric Audiology Development and Learning
- 2/02/11 Area High School Students will Dance for Those Who Can't to Benefit Children's Miracle Network Dance Marathon 2011
- 1/25/11 Edward James Olmos Keynote Speaker for First El Paso Children's Hospital Gala
- 1/19/11 Southwest Airlines "Share the Spirit" Grant to University Medical Center Foundation to Provide Transportation to Cancer Patients