6/14/2012 Susan G. Komen Grants $30,000 to UMC's Sobreviviendo el Cancer de Seno/ Surviving Breast Cancer
“Our census of patients with breast cancer continues to increase”, said Maria Licon, project director of Sobreviviendo el Cancer de Seno/Surviving Breast Cancer at University Medical Center of El Paso's Infusion Center. The $30,000 grant from Komen will make it possible to screen 850 patients this next year. “I cannot say thank you enough to Susan G. Komen and to UMC Foundation for supporting our program”, Licon said.
This is the second year in a row that UMC Foundation has received a grant from Susan G. Komen for the Sobreviviendo program. During the past year UMC's Infusion Center was able to screen 786 patients as a result of the previous Komen grant. 256 of those patients received assistance with their monthly rent, utilities, prescriptions, co-payments, and durable medical equipment such as wheel chairs, walkers, portable oxygen concentrators and lymphedema sleeves. “We even help people with transportation,” Licon added.
“If a breast cancer patient has lost their income because they are not able to continue working and there’s no income coming into the house, the Sobreviviendo program is vital for them," said Licon.
- 12/12/13 University Medical Center Foundation Receives Anonymous $500,000 Donation
- 12/02/13 Maya Angelou To Be Featured Speaker At El Paso Children's 2014 Milagro Gala
- 11/27/13 COSTCO Donated $14,266.00 to Children's Miracle Network
- 11/25/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $40,000 Grant From Bank of America Foundation
- 10/23/13 "The Perfect Turnover” Raises Over $200,000 To Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 12/21/12 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $5,000 Grant From J.J. Smith Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
- 12/20/12 Madrid Family donates to Compassionate Care Program
- 12/20/12 Jingle Bell Rock Run 2012
- 12/20/12 Ashley DeHaro's Story
- 12/20/12 Luis Escamilla's Story
- 11/13/12 Even with Loss of Arm Alejandro's Smile is Bright
- 11/13/12 After Witnessing Birth Big Sister Decides to Work with Kids
- 11/12/12 UMC Foundation Seeks Volunteers as "Friends of the Forest"
- 11/12/12 Walgreens Stores in El Paso Raise More Than 14 Thousand To Benefit Children's Miracle Network
- 11/12/12 El Paso Children's Hospital Lifts Spirits on Halloween
- 11/12/12 Swallows Her Grandmother's Pills West Texas Regional Poison Control Saves Her
- 11/09/12 Bella's Story
- 10/23/12 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $5,000 Grant From J.J. Smith Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
- 10/02/12 Children's Miracle Network Invites Gamers To Participate in 5th Annual Extra Life Game Marathon
- 9/25/12 UMC Foundation Receives Grants From The Robert E. and Evelyn McKee Foundation
- 9/12/12 UMC Foundation Receives $5,000 Grant From Union Pacific Foundation
- 9/04/12 Children's Miracle Network Receives $9,000
- 9/04/12 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $4,111 Grant From The Lula H. Mcafee Foundation
- 8/23/12 Children's Miracle Network and RE/MAX have named August an official "Month of Miracles"
- 8/21/12 University Medical Center Foundation announces $10,000 grant from The Hervey Foundation for Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
- 8/08/12 Wal-Mart Store on Mesa Achieves 9th in nation for Children's Miracle Network Fundraising
- 7/31/12 University Medical Center Foundation receives $60K grant to purchase a C-Arm for El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/14/12 Susan G. Komen Grants $30,000 to UMC's Sobreviviendo el Cancer de Seno/ Surviving Breast Cancer
- 6/13/12 Brigadier General Heidi Brown Gives $250,000 Gift to Establish the William G. and Virginia Maxwell Brown Center for Pediatric Audiology Development and Learning