8/21/2012 University Medical Center Foundation announces $10,000 grant from The Hervey Foundation for Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
El Paso, Texas (August 16, 2012) – University Medical Center Foundation received a $10,000 grant from the Hervey Foundation, designated to supporting the “Sobreviviendo El Cancer/Surviving Cancer” program at University Medical Center of El Paso.
A patient can wait anywhere from three to six months to receive social security insurance and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. “Sobreviviendo El Cancer/Surviving Cancer” helps cancer patients undergoing cancer treatment at UMC of El Paso who have exhausted their financial resources.“Sobreviviendo El Cancer” provides assistance with prescriptions, durable medical equipment, travel to and from medical appointments, co-pays for physician visits, lab work, chemotherapy, and pet/cat scans.
It also provides short-term housing assistance to help patients pay rent and utilities who are unable to work while undergoing chemotherapy.
During the past year the “Sobreviviendo El Cancer” program served 901 patients with socioeconomic challenges. With help from the Hervey Foundation grant, 127 of those patients received financial support. For the fourth consecutive year, the UMC Foundation has received a grant from The Hervey Foundation for “Sobreviviendo El Cancer.”
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $30,000 Grant From The Susan G. Komen Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer De Seno Program
- 5/02/13 UMC Foundation Awarded $95,000 Grant From The Marsh Foundation To Purchase Halo System To Treat Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- 5/02/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $343,422 Grant From Medcares To Support El Paso Children's Hospital Child Abuse Clinic.
- 3/20/13 $40,000 Gift To Be Presented To Dr. Bradley Furhman, Physician-In-Chief At El Paso Children's Hospital
- 2/28/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $3,000 Grant From Shiloff Foundation
- 12/21/12 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $5,000 Grant From J.J. Smith Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
- 12/20/12 Madrid Family donates to Compassionate Care Program
- 12/20/12 Jingle Bell Rock Run 2012
- 12/20/12 Ashley DeHaro's Story
- 12/20/12 Luis Escamilla's Story
- 11/13/12 Even with Loss of Arm Alejandro's Smile is Bright
- 11/13/12 After Witnessing Birth Big Sister Decides to Work with Kids
- 11/12/12 UMC Foundation Seeks Volunteers as "Friends of the Forest"
- 11/12/12 Walgreens Stores in El Paso Raise More Than 14 Thousand To Benefit Children's Miracle Network
- 11/12/12 El Paso Children's Hospital Lifts Spirits on Halloween
- 11/12/12 Swallows Her Grandmother's Pills West Texas Regional Poison Control Saves Her
- 11/09/12 Bella's Story
- 10/23/12 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $5,000 Grant From J.J. Smith Foundation For Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
- 10/02/12 Children's Miracle Network Invites Gamers To Participate in 5th Annual Extra Life Game Marathon
- 9/25/12 UMC Foundation Receives Grants From The Robert E. and Evelyn McKee Foundation
- 9/12/12 UMC Foundation Receives $5,000 Grant From Union Pacific Foundation
- 9/04/12 Children's Miracle Network Receives $9,000
- 9/04/12 University Medical Center Foundation Announces $4,111 Grant From The Lula H. Mcafee Foundation
- 8/23/12 Children's Miracle Network and RE/MAX have named August an official "Month of Miracles"
- 8/21/12 University Medical Center Foundation announces $10,000 grant from The Hervey Foundation for Sobreviviendo El Cancer Program
- 8/08/12 Wal-Mart Store on Mesa Achieves 9th in nation for Children's Miracle Network Fundraising
- 7/31/12 University Medical Center Foundation receives $60K grant to purchase a C-Arm for El Paso Children's Hospital
- 6/14/12 Susan G. Komen Grants $30,000 to UMC's Sobreviviendo el Cancer de Seno/ Surviving Breast Cancer
- 6/13/12 Brigadier General Heidi Brown Gives $250,000 Gift to Establish the William G. and Virginia Maxwell Brown Center for Pediatric Audiology Development and Learning