Medical Center of the Americas
More doctors | Better jobs | Better education for our children
MCA’s mission of improving access to quality healthcare in the Paso del Norte Region by building a better healthcare infrastructure, providing superior health care education opportunities, and attracting and retaining researchers and healthcare providers to the region, will be realized through the development of an integrated campus of facilities around the new and expanding University Medical Center of El Paso, the new El Paso Children’s Hospital (under construction) and the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center – Paul L. Foster School of Medicine. Thomason is an integral part of the success of the Medical Center of the Americas. Slated to become one of the finest medical centers in the country, this integrated campus will host a cluster of properties including hospitals, educational programs, research laboratories, medical office buildings and healthcare related non-profit organizations.
A unified medical campus, long the vision of community leaders, is now taking shape. By raising the level of service and developing leading health care research and expanded educational opportunities on the issues and challenges unique to a major Hispanic, border and military population, Medical Center of the Americas will benefit the entire El Paso region.
- 12/02/13 Maya Angelou To Be Featured Speaker At El Paso Children's 2014 Milagro Gala
- 11/27/13 COSTCO Donated $14,266.00 to Children's Miracle Network
- 11/25/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $40,000 Grant From Bank of America Foundation
- 10/23/13 "The Perfect Turnover” Raises Over $200,000 To Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 10/08/13 UMC Foundation Receives $5000 from Shamaley Ford