Value - Comparison of Charity Care
Not for profit hospitals make a profit
to provide a service.
The average premium cost of an insurance policy for a family in Texas is $11,000. As health care costs have continued to grow faster than the overall economy, more Americans are uninsured. Today, one in three El Pasoans is uninsured. Although most of them worked all or part of last year or had a family member who worked, their employer often did not offer employer sponsored coverage or affordable options. As a result, they are medically indigent. University Medical Center of El Paso serves as a "safety net" and outranks all other El Paso hospitals 7 to 1 in the provision of charity care services. Click on the three-year history below for an expanded version to view and compare charity care provided by all hospitals in El Paso County.
Click on the graphics to enlarge.
- 12/02/13 Maya Angelou To Be Featured Speaker At El Paso Children's 2014 Milagro Gala
- 11/27/13 COSTCO Donated $14,266.00 to Children's Miracle Network
- 11/25/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $40,000 Grant From Bank of America Foundation
- 10/23/13 "The Perfect Turnover” Raises Over $200,000 To Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 10/08/13 UMC Foundation Receives $5000 from Shamaley Ford