What is a poison?
A poison is any substance that can harm your body, make you sick, or kill you if used in the wrong way.
Poisons can enter your body four ways:
Today, you are far more likely to be poisoned by using something in your medicine cabinet the wrong way than you are by a poisonous critter or plant. Most poisonings involve common everyday household items such as medicines, cleaning supplies, cosmetics or personal care items. Poisoning is a leading cause of injury in the United States second only to motor vehicle crashes. Most of the increase is attributable to the rising number of poison deaths involving pain medications. More than 90% of poison deaths were medication-related.
Also in this Section
- 12/02/13 Maya Angelou To Be Featured Speaker At El Paso Children's 2014 Milagro Gala
- 11/27/13 COSTCO Donated $14,266.00 to Children's Miracle Network
- 11/25/13 University Medical Center Foundation Awarded $40,000 Grant From Bank of America Foundation
- 10/23/13 "The Perfect Turnover” Raises Over $200,000 To Benefit El Paso Children's Hospital
- 10/08/13 UMC Foundation Receives $5000 from Shamaley Ford